Afterparty, a feature-length Canadian dramedy is definitely one of the most unique films we will be showing at this year’s festival. Here are some interesting facts about the film, which will be showing on Saturday, March 8th.
- If you’re interested in finding the script for this film, good luck–every single line said in the film was improvised by the cast!
- The film passes the Bechdel Test
- The film features LGBTQ2S characters
- The film was shot in Canada over six weeks
- Afterparty is the result of a very unique effort on behalf of the cast and crew. Made by Sociable Films, a boutique film production company based in Vancouver, their mission is to make movies “sociably”. In their own words,
“Making movies sociably” is an artist driven philosophy, where artists’ resources and talents are pooled and shared in a familial spirit, resulting in films that are both artistically fulfilling and fiscally responsible. Sociable Films believes that by working together, artists will have the ability to say “yes” more often to the projects, stories and ideas that inspire them, by building a community of people interested in helping each other succeed.”
- Lastly, stay tuned for some hilarious slam poetry about candy…you’ve been warned.
- Read an in-depth article about Afterparty on pages 18 ff in Reel West Magazine.
Ticket information here.
Don’t forget to #Daretotell us what attracts you about this film, to win one of our prizes in the social media contest.